Tuesday 24 April 2012

April 23, 2012
I am really enjoying being back to work! They're a great group of people and they're always planning fun events. Last weekend I went with 3 co-workers to attend a cancer fundraiser at the new Langley BMW dealership. (Cure is the new black, a black and white attire event, hosted by twinscancerfundraising.com) What an experience!!! We met Trevor Bird, from Top Chef Canada, who was cooking appetizers for us. We were treated to mixed music by 4 different DJ's. Two of them were the top 2 DJ's in Canada (Headspin and Skratch Bastid), as well as the DJ for Jay-Z (I didn't care for the rap as much). I don't think I've ever danced that long, the songs are all blended together, so it's like an hour long song that each DJ plays. There were male dancers too,  they were the best, so amazing to watch.

April 20, 2012
It may have taken longer to recover this time, but I feel so good right now, that I can't believe my last chemo was only 3 weeks ago. Maybe it's the chemo brain, but if I don't look in the mirror and see a bald head, I could almost forget that I had chemo, or cancer for that matter.

I went paddling (dragon boating) with my team this week. I did much better than I expected, but what I didn't expect, was to have such a sore butt afterward! Hopefully I'll be paddling again next week, it's so refreshing. It's a physical sport, but it's also great for the mind as well. If you have any stress, you forget it as you're paddling together as a team and enjoying the fresh air. I'm continuing to walk, but I'm trying to get in the occassional sprint now that my energy is back. I'm trying to get my heart stronger for my MUGA scan (heart test) in a couple of weeks. My supplements (vitamins) have changed since the chemo is finished and that may help too. Instead of acupuncture, I'm having regular Reiki massage, it's so relaxing, I almost fall asleep.

April 11, 2012
On my last post, I couldn't sleep because I had stomach pains, I'm glad they weren't as bad as with the first chemo though. The next day I didn't want to eat and that helped, but in the evening I was so hungry, I ate 3 bowls of homemade soup! The next day was better, except for the heartburn, but it went away after I had a couple of glasses of warm water with apple cider vinegar.

I am noticing that I don't remember things very well (chemo brain), so I write everything down, I just wish I would remember to look at the list! lol I remembered I had yoga in the morning, but by the evening I forgot and missed it.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    You're doing great, guess you never expected this. And a sore butt, well, if that's the only problem;-)) Good to be back at work now, that's so much better than sitting at home and worrying. Your co-workers will take good care I trust.
    Very happy that is all goes so well. And the hair will grow afterwards, you're looking very nice with the wig!
    Love,
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anja! Yes, my co-workers are great! They take good care of me. I'm not worried about the hair, it's so much easier without it!

    ReplyDelete